Friday 11 October 2013

Baked: Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting



So apparently the cupcake icing was a hit among the people who ate the cupcakes: the sturdy whipped cream. I improvised the recipe myself because I dislike runny icing -- I mean, who does like it, right? The problem with this recipe is that I tend to agar (a Singaporean lingo, meaning 'estimate') my measurements and I just go along with the texture when I feel that it is acceptable. Nonetheless, I decided to post it because a friend requested (:


Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting (For 9 Cups):
- 3 / 4 cup Nestle Cream
(I only use the thick part, not the runny watery thing inside the can)
- 2 1/2 cup of Icing Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of rum *optional

It's also important to make sure that the butter is slightly cold, below room temperature and soft. This is the usual case for most whip cream frosting.

- Blend the butter on low-speed until becomes moist and soft
- Sift in the 2 cups of icing sugar bit by bit and blend on low speed (until it becomes fluffy)
- Add in vanilla essence and rum
- Add in Nestle Cream and blend on low speed
- Sift in left over icing sugar on low speed for 2 mins and med speed for 1 minute

the most important part here is to not over blend because the whole icing might separate and fail.

I'd also recommend adding in 1 cup of heavy cream (not low fat). This is because fat holds icing together to prevent it being runny. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment