Wednesday 16 October 2013

Cooked: Rosemary Garlic Butter Chicken



So I wanted to bake some chicken with Olive Oil and lemons but both ran out :(. First time experiencing the state of cooking without any olive oil -- was terrible. But I improvised and made rosemary garlic butter chicken instead.


Looked like I murdered one whole chicken with this mess when I bought my ingredients from the supermarket ;).


Before the pot went to the oven... 


The result after I took out of the oven :)

Recipe: Rosemary Garlic Butter Chicken (serves 4)
- half a chicken (already cut into pieces)
- 8 tablespoon of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of blackpepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 whole garlic
- 3 small pieces of shallots
- 5 vegetable oil
- 1/2 lime

Put the shallots onto frying pan, pan sear the chicken for about 4 - 7 minutes to get crispy char-grilled skin. Some of the meat of the bigger pieces of chicken should still be pink. Add salt for taste. Put into a pot vegetable oil, mixed with fresh garlic. Put the chicken into the pot, and add in the rosemary, nutmeg, blackpepper. Put the butter around and spread evenly inside the pot on top of the chicken. Squeeze in fresh lime and cover with lid. Bake in the oven at 177 degree celcius for about 25 - 27 minutes. Chicken should be tender and soft because of the butter that has infused inside the chicken ♥__



What I served to my mom. I really enjoyed making this because pan frying the chicken really helps to give it more char-grilled feel and taste. The butter also made the chicken really tender and soft, although I ate the breast. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment