Sunday 5 January 2014

Ate: The Black Swan


I went to the Black Swan with my co-workers on New Year's Eve.

Although the service wasn't fantastic initially, the restaurant manager managed to apologize and handled the complain with wisdom.

I had the lunch menu that day, and I would totally recommend:

Entrée

1) Foie Gras with Jam (I LOVED how the jam brought out the flavor of the fois gras. Do not combine the two together when you eat it, eat it alternatively and the fois gras flavour would just explode in your palette) 

2) Beef Tartare (One of the better ones I've tasted in Asia, worth the try!)

Dessert

3) Banana Toffee Pudding with Vanilla ice cream

.... And yes, that was it. Why? Although the duck leg confit was supposedly popular the meat was not tender enough and the skin, not crispy (dum dum dum...)

And the Black Swan burger was pretty yummy, but the bacon was so-so (compared to Symmetry at Kubor Road) and the patty was quite close to the beef tartare.. nothing fancy. The steak was also, just okay. The pistachio cake we ordered didn't have sufficient pistachio taste as well. I'd rather get pistachio macarons else where with that kind of price tag. Just saying.

But oh well, the place the was really nice and it's located in the heart of CBD area so I guess it's pretty convenient. I also loved the interior and how the service crew were dressed. 

Whatever the case, I was really happy with my company that day so honestly, I was really happy to be spending New Years Eve lunch with my boss and co-worker :)



No comments:

Post a Comment